AUCKLAND CROQUET ASSOCIATION
Painting by Carlton Club member Deirdre Rogers
Welcome to the web site of the Auckland Croquet Association. Our association is one of the largest in New Zealand with eleven clubs and over 400 members.
Here you will be able to find news and results of croquet in the Auckland Region.
Both Association and Golf croquet is played and enjoyed by our members and gateball is also played at the Takapuna club.
We look forward to enquiries from anyone who wishes to play croquet and welcome new members. Most clubs offer free lessons and competition events as well as club days where one can enjoy the social side of croquet.
Croquet is a non-contact game suitable for people of all ages, male and female, also families, who are looking for a challenging sport.
If you would like to "have a go" then please contact a club near you.
- New Zealander Paddy Chapman beat South African Reg Bamford to become AC World Champion.
- Bruce Heasley has done a fantastic job researching the history of croquet clubs in Auckland. He's found records of over 70 clubs. Have a look at the archive on the bottom of the History page.
- Robert Lowe wins local Arthur Ross final. See Results page.
- Warkworth retain the GC interclub trophy. See Results page or GC interclub page for more details.
- Ian Plummer has completed more work on his web based croquet simulation program. It works well and there's several useful tutorials, anything from how to do a 4 ball break to how to complete your sextuple peel. Well worth a look here http://www.oxfordcroquet.com/coach/3d/index.asp
- 3 new videos showing the world's fastest TP and an interesting article about replacing balls after a collision. See the Links page.